If I haven't mentioned somewhere or at some point yet, I am a SPOP staffer. I haven't felt that so-called "SPOP magic" or "SPLOVE" that all these crazies have been talking about. But I'm not worried, not angry or bitter or TFC, which is a term that I fear is going to see a lot of use in the next couple of weeks. At any rate, I'm very content with the things in my life. There's a lot of whining to be done, but it's neither needed nor wanted on my part, so I won't dwell on such imperfections and menial errs. I still haven't found a place to live, I still haven't quit my job, I still can't break this ridiculous stereotypically-girl habit of impulse shopping, and my poor truck has yet to be washed. Still, I am content. I am fine.
But sometimes I wonder at what point "fine" will no longer suffice, and I dread that day. I don't want to feel any lesser or unsure once again. I suppose all my efforts are going towards these in-coming freshman and the impression I will make. I don't want them to see a bitter, unsure, and unhappy representation of the college life they will soon be forced to face. As unreal as it may be, I want to give them at least some utterance of hope that they will be OK, even though I really am not. But I am. I'll fake it. And I'll become so good at it that one day, I won't be able to tell whether it's real or farce... but that's OK. You take what you get and you run with it, so I'm taking what I've got and I'm going to town with it and I don't care what anybody says.
In other news, my life is full of 15-20 hours of work, 3 summer classes, babysitting, and SPOP staffing. At some point in between, I will find time to revisit old friends and I will remember to breathe.
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment