There is so much about this world that simply moves me... To anger, to confusion, to sadness, to futility, to joy, to contentment, to bliss, to inspire, to... tears. I'm a writer in the making, or so they say, so when at times like these my words fall short of the feelings which consume me, I feel like such a failure and farce. I cannot explain the storm that is brewing within me, like waves that are crashing and beating against the current and tide, an intensity and passion growing inside. There is so much negativity that is clouding these last few days... Days that are meant to be golden and blissful, the end-all and be-all of things that have come to pass, the digesting of experiences, the preservation of moments, the creation and continuation of relationships, and the realization that life in its barest form is beautiful. Yet, here we stand, hand in hand, facing a situation that none of us could have ever foreseen or hoped to have happened. Here we stand, for all intents and purposes, readying ourselves to defend a program and lifestyle and belief that so few understand yet so many cherish and respect to the utmost degree. Here we stand, one against the other. Here we stand... unnecessarily.
You are clouding positive moments and changes in the lives of so many that will result in a change for the better, clouding these golden moments with a veil of darkness and an air of negativity. Trust in this society, in humanity, in this staff, that change, though not immediate, will eventually come. In your hurriedness, I feel like you've lost sight of your true mission and the scale of your intentions, the consequences of your actions. I pray that you open your eyes to the condescending manner and closed-mindedness with which you have met and are continuing to meet this experience, and open your soul to the beauty that is life...
We will not always make the best, most rational, and safest decisions. We cannot make every single person comfortable or appease every mind. We may strive for justice and equality in forums that may not welcome it, and we may not produce the best or intended results even half the time. But we do what we can in a world where ripples sometimes don't reach as far as we think they do, and words may not echo as long as we wish. We must continue to try and try and try and not give up on the things that we feel matter. SPOP matters to me, and I suppose now is the time where its worth and meaning will be challenged, and I'm not quite sure I am ready yet, but I will be.
Do not abandon hope.
Do not abandon hope...
I believe there is a better way to see this through.
Don't
Lose
Hope.
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment