Weep.
We weep for the loss of a man who loved and loved and loved. Weep. In silence, in sound, in comfort, in cold...
Wonder what it feels like, after all the cop-outs and trying and searching, to finally find someone to love, who loves you in return... and to have them torn away from you in an instant. So senseless, so sudden, without warning and without cause. Still hear his voice, see his face, feel his touch... Fear the day it will start to fade away, and she will begin to forget. Never. Never... Please?
And all of this, as sad as it seems, makes me miss him all the more...
I say, LIVE... with every ember of your being...
And LOVE, as hard and as often as you can...
Save no touch, no look, no action, no thought, no words---
save NOTHING "for later" because "later" may never come.
I worried too much about having said too much, done that which I shouldn't have, and for loving too hard, too fast, and for too long... But I regret it no longer, because if I were to die tomorrow, today, right now... It would have all made sense. And it does.
But if he were to die right now, today, tomorrow, next week... My heart would swell and break of pain and darkness, for he would leave me with ties so severed and air so thick I could choke. I don't want this barrier, so long and so far, to be between us any longer. I want to make amends, if not friends... I want closure.
Sam has lost, perhaps, the love of her life. Dusk and summer, carrying the spirit of men, of carelessness, of youth away in its winds. And with the breaking of dawn and the birth of a new day, we ask ourselves, "Why live?"
Why live...?
Well, why not...?
while others cannot,
we can...
WE CAN.
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment