Wednesday, September 24, 2008

blue

I keep my eyes open.
I don't want to lose sight of you. Of time. Of chances. Of sleep.
I leap...
I keep my eyes open and steady, ready, willing, watching, waiting
Anticipating...
That anything could and should happen at any given moment.
-- anything, except everything I hope for.
I hope that at any second now, you will walk through that door.
And the haze from the safety lights will shine,
through and through,
And surround you like a broken halo,
bruised and blue.
I keep my eyes open,
And the pupils swell and stretch,
the stale cold air begins to dry my eyes,
watering and filling,
brimming,
with tears
that hear my pleas and know my cries.
I pray that all my gut and effort be not in vain,
that there must be sunshine after the rain,
but it's a hurricane of emotion stirring this ocean
perpetuating this typhoon between me and you.
And the silences grow graver, and I less braver,
more simple and simply confused...
I keep my heart open,
and my eyes are fixed,
fixed on this n(ocean) of you.

No comments: